100 Years of HÜTTEMANN

1891

Establishment of the company "Josef Hüttemann Holzhandlung and Holzkohlenmeilerei" by Josef Hüttemann on the 27th October..

1900

Establishment of the branch office in Düsseldorf as a timber trade warehouse.

1903

Purchase of company grounds at the present town centre of Olsberg. Construction of a sawmill.

1904

Direct railway connection to the plant site.

1905

First contract as a direct supplier of mining timber for the coal mine “Luise”.

1909

Admission of Wilhelm Hüttemann, the eldest son of the company founder Joseph Hüttemann.

1912

Admission of Carl Hüttemann, another son of the company founder.

1924

Transfer of the company by Joseph Hüttemann to his sons Wilhelm and Carl.

1936

Expansion to the largest sawmill in upper Sauerland region with an annual cutting capacity of 17,000 cubic meters. The first sawmill in Westfalen to obtain permission for apprenticeship training.

1940

Direct shipping of mining timber from Poland and Upper Silesia to the local coal-mining district.

1942

Acquisition of the company “William Eggemann Dampfsägerei” (steam sawmill) with timber trade in Bochum Dahlhausen. Modernization and construction of a planing mill with wood drying facility.

1945

At war's end loss of the company’s branch office in Upper Silesia including all the inventory.

1951

Start of trussed girder production. Ministerial granting of minor glulam certification on 11 September. First production hall in trussed girder.

1953

Admission of Karl-Josef Hüttemann, the eldest son of Carl Hüttemann.

1955

Taking over of the company “Eggemann” in Bochum Dahlhausen by Georg Hüttemann, son of the late William Hüttemann.

1956

Start of production of solid glued girders.

1957

Admission of Dr. Wolfgang Hüttemann, a second son of Carl Hüttemann.

1958

Licensed production of Kämpf-web girders. Issuing of glulam certification

1959

Incorporation of the timber trade with goods from Germany and abroad.

1960-65

Technical and mechanical expansion of laminated timber manufacture to an industrial plant.

1968

Completion of the largest construction contract for a hall in glulam construction hitherto: a chemical warehouse with 56 m span width.

1970

Laying the foundation stone of the new plant in the industrial area of 50,000 m² at Knickhütte. Launching of the machinery in December. 100 employees.

1972

Co-founding of „Holzbau AG”, Brixen/Italy.

1974

Training of wood mechanics according to the new job profile.

1975

Construction of a warehouse in Bandar-Shapur/Iran. Construction of a trade fair hall in Moscow.

1976

Expansion of the production facility for timber construction. Construction of a chemical storage facility for “VEBA Brunsbüttel” with 83m span width and girders with individual length of 49m.

1978

Founding of masterwood department (Meisterholz). First production of standard beams.

1979

Opening of a new machining hall. Construction of a coal storage facility for the mine “Ruhrkohle Bergbau AG”.

1981

Beginning of development works for a CAD system. Construction of a 180 m long hall for the oil industry in Saudi Arabia.

1982

Sale of the investment in Holzbau AG, Brixen.

1986

Division of the companies in Olsberg and Dusseldorf among Karl-Josef and Dr. Wolfgang Hüttemann.

1987

Construction of the production and storage facility for masterwood.

1990

Admission of Regina Hüttemann and Mathias Herbst-Hüttemann. Establishment of an engineering bureau Geithain/Saxony.

1991

Reopening of the product line "Profiholz". Construction of a storage hall in glulam construction. Restructuring of energy supply. 150 employees. 65,000 m2 of company grounds.

1993

Founding of Hüttemann Holz + Bau in Kohren-Sahlis/Sachsen as joining centre and timber construction company.

1994

Construction of a 10,000 square meter large warehouse for masterwood on the site of the former sawmill.

from 1994

Acquisition of additional trades in hall construction up to the construction of turnkey objects.

1999

Founding of Hüttemann Wismar GmbH & Co. KG.
Start of construction in December on 100,000 m2 site.

2000

Production launch in Wismar in November.

2001

Turnkey construction including office for metal + recycling in Bergkamen: 40,000 m2 ground, 6,000 m2 hall construction.

2003

Development of glulam timber elements for the roof, ceiling and wall.

2004

Founding of the timber construction service department for the support of the timber business

2006

Capacity expansion at the Wismar plant through 50,000 m² land acquisition, new factory building and machinery investments

2007

Sale of Hüttemann Holz + Bau in Sachsen to the leading employees.

2008

Purchase of a CNC controlled joinery machine in Olsberg.
Construction of a logistics building of 15,000 m² for Trilux in Arnsberg.

2010

Investment in automatic strength grading system in Olsberg.

2012

Expansion of the plant area in Wismar by purchasing a 11,400 square meter adjacent property.

2012

Producing Glulam according Din EN 14080:2013